Hi @stevedennis,
Can you provide more detail in your response? You mention, for example, standard practices. You don't however mention for what, what those are, or what features BuildMaster has to support them. Maybe you mean in terms of doing things on a build bases. If that is what you meant it might be helpful if you knew what I was doing which I unfortunately didn't provide in my original message.
The goal of my script is a clean up script for PRs since you guys do not have that feature built in. The purpose behind this is I want a PR to kick off a release/build to prove that it will actually build and set a marker on the PR to allow it to be merged. Once the PR is merged those releases/builds are no longer useful. Unfortunately, none of your retention rules take that in to consideration (part of why I asked in the previous message if you had any enhancements coming in the next major build that might be helpful for me). On your note about standard practices, I'm assuming this might be where it is targeted (the PR workflow). One of our colleagues mentioned in another post trying things differently and even doing releaseless builds but they did support the idea of having some build verification on a PR before allowing it to be merged. I'm not entirely sure, however, how a releaseless build might help. I did think about it but my fear is making the UI more cumbersome in finding what you are looking for. What I mean by that is everything is listed together (although I haven't yet tried a mix of releases and releaseless builds but I will) so naturally the PRs would continue pushing the main release down. Also if PR releases aren't being removed as soon as the PR is merged then the main release stays pushed down and there are more PRs to go through to find yours.
In my original message I left it a little more open to hopefully provide more flexibility in your response. This time going to try a list of specific questions.
- Do you have any upcoming features that might help with any of this?
- The call to Releases_GetRelease requires a release id but fetching the releases just gives me release numbers. How do I bridge that gap?
- What is the standard practices you referred to for the workflow?
I'm not sure I'll be able to before you respond but I do plan on investigating writing an extension for a different purpose anyways so I'll also look at one for this PR management too. In addition to the bullet points feel free to add anything you might find useful.
Thank you,
Brandon


