Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

How are Helm Chart Licenses Detected

• When I look at my helm chart metadata in ProGet it says ? not specified for the License.

6a858770-46ce-4dfb-8e4e-889fb38ef042-image.png

Where in the Helm Chart is it looking for the License?

The Helm docs say to create a file called LICENSE. I did that and put the text "All Rights Reserved" into it. I then when to ProGet and added a License called "All Rights Reserved". But it still says ? not specified.

Is ProGet looking somewhere else for the license declaration? If so, where?

• inedo-engineer

Hi @Stephen-Schaff,

I was able to recreate this issue. It looks like ProGet is currently not parsing the LICENSE file. Let me discuss this with the products team and I will let you know how we plan to proceed.

Thanks,
    Rich

• OK, thanks!

I am not set on it being in the LICENSE file. If there is another way that Proget would like to get this information, let me know and I will do it that way.

• inedo-engineer

Hi @Stephen-Schaff,

After looking into this further, the License Detection & Blocking feature is primarily intended for third-party developer packages; Helm charts are generally first-party, and even the third-party charts don't have a consistent license format. Due to the inconsistency in their license format, we are not able to leverage this in Helm charts. We have added a ticket, PG-1937, to remove the display of licenses from Helm charts.

Thanks,
    Rich

• @rhessinger

You may also want to remove this message:

2d876b1d-3959-4986-901b-86511845e0a0-image.png

The big red banner is what got me looking into the license types in the first place. (I did not want my users to see the big red banner and I could see no way to suppress it except for getting a license assigned.)

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation