Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

ProGet feature request: Dedicated permission for marking packages as deprecated

• As of 2023.32 the right to mark a package as deprecated is tied to the Unlist Package permission.

This permission also allows modifying download rules and unlisting, which is not something we want developers to be able to do.

We would like to have a dedicated Deprecate Package permission that just allows that and nothing else.

744c5899-32c0-4ad3-b9a1-6aab3368729e-image.png

Thank you for considering.

Also a question:

The text boxes Advanced tab on the Set Package Status popup seem to suggest that publish/download metadata could be changed here, but changing anything has no effect.

What is the intention here? These text boxes should probably not be there?

• inedo-engineer

Hi @jw ,

I'm afraid this is a bit too granular for us now, but it's something we can consider re-evaluating down the line, especially as we will likely want to add specialize permissions for projects, policies, etc. We expect that will happen later in the year, after ProGet 2024's new features get more adoption. We'll see if anyone else requests package-level permissions, etc.

As for the Advanced, I put a note in ProGet 2024's final touches to address that. Honestly I thought those were only on Debug builds only, but clearly not... thanks for reporting!

Cheers,
    Steve

• I'm afraid this is a bit too granular for us now, but it's something we can consider re-evaluating down the line, especially as we will likely want to add specialize permissions for projects, policies, etc. We expect that will happen later in the year, after ProGet 2024's new features get more adoption. We'll see if anyone else requests package-level permissions, etc.

Thanks for the feedback, let's see if there is more demand.

As for the Advanced, I put a note in ProGet 2024's final touches to address that. Honestly I thought those were only on Debug builds only, but clearly not... thanks for reporting!

Glad to hear it is just an UI issue, I was worried users could mess with metadata.

Cheers

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation