Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Lots of Powershell and Conhost processes

• I'm noticing some performance issues on my build server lately, in the process monitor I see that there are hundreds of powershell and conhost sessiosn open by the BuildMasterService (which is the user BuilMaster service runs as) is this normal or is something not closing processes as it should?
    This is just one screen with around 50 processes, but there are a few more so I estimate about 300 processes running...
    3f8f0a35-fcf5-4951-a8dc-26064b6291eb-image.png

• inedo-engineer

Hi @Justinvolved ,

This is not uncommon with PowerShell; in general the processes will be closed, but there are enough scenarios with long-running/hanging PowerShell scripts where those processes will report termination but the process will not be terminated. So they can stick around

I'd recommend using the Inedo Agent instead, even if it's on the same sever. That gives better process isolation compared to the local agent, and you shouldn't see this behavior for too long. The local agent runs in-process.

Cheers,
    Alana

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation