Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

ProGet services fail to start after reboot.

• Hi, we have ProGet installed on Windows Server 2008 R2

Consistently, after a server reboot, neither the ProGet Service or the ProGet Web Server service will start - I'm assuming they have dependencies on other services which are not coded into the executables, and ProGet therefore doesn't wait for those services to start.

Setting delayed start on the services isn't helping. Do you have a list of the dependent services so that I can add them using sc.exe in an attempt to get the services to restart reliably after a reboot?

Product: ProGet
    Version: 5.0.0

• You should check the logs (Windows Service), and see if ProGet is giving a message, or if it's just the SCM host timing out. Sometimes, on slow 2008R2 machine, .NET services simply will not start because of the JIT complication required. We cannot speed it up any faster, because it's failing before it even reaches proget code. But a delayed start should help.

Otherwise, maybe it's SQL Server that's taking a long time to start. If you're hosting it on same machine.

• Thanks for the reply. Where are the logs that I should be checking?

The ProGet Event Log available from the ProGet UI, shows Package events only.
    There are no logs in the folder that the service is installed in, and nothing under %APPDATA%. Nothing in the Windows Event log either.

• It would be the Windows Event/error Logs, specifically the Windows Service Manager.

If ProGet isn't able to run/load, then it wouldn't be able to log anything.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation