Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Error create server role

• Logged: 8/7/2019 12:34:00 PM
    Level: Error
    Category: HTTP
    Message: An error occurred in the web application: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Details: URL: http://otter/roles/edit
    Referrer: http://otter/roles/edit
    User: Express User
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/76.0.3809.100 Safari/537.36
    Stack trace: at Inedo.Otter.WebApplication.Pages.ServerRoles.EditServerRolePage.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<<CreateChildControls>b__9>d.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Inedo.Web.PageFree.SimplePageBase.<ProcessPostAsync>d__64.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Inedo.Web.PageFree.SimplePageBase.<ProcessPostAsync>d__64.MoveNext()
    at Inedo.Web.PageFree.SimplePageBase.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__47.MoveNext()
    at System.Web.TaskAsyncHelper.EndTask(IAsyncResult ar)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

• inedo-engineer

Vadim,

I am unable to recreate this error. Can you tell me what steps to take to reproduce this?

Thanks,
    Jason

• @jjones said in Error create server role:

steps

Was installed new server with new DB, next was connected to Git Raft which contains "orchestrations", "scripts" and "roles" but roles does not appeared in Otter, only appeared in "Plans"-"Configuration" with prefix "R". Tried to create new role but got error, than removed roles from Git and removed from "Plans"-"Configuration" but got the same error.

• @jjones I have just encountered the same error. I just installed Otter (on the same machine as Buildmaster), added a server and then try to create a role which fails with the above error. It doesn't matter whether I select a server when creating the role or not. I tried enabling debug logging but that didn't provide any more information.

Thanks,
    Frederik

• @vadim-k_6062 @jjones Seems like this was fixed in the latest update. I just upgraded and now I can create server roles.

• inedo-engineer

@vadim-k_6062, yes, the latest release fixed quite a few issues. Glad to hear it is working for you now.

Thanks,
    Jason

• Thanks, with version 2.2.5 all works fine.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation