Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Proget: Removed Package Still available for download in Feed

• My version of Proget is 6.0.7.

We created our own custom package and put it in a feed for custom packages made by my organization, called the IP feed. There's a secondary feed named Mainline, which has packages we store that we got from 3rd party sources, mainly Nuget.org. Mainline has a connector to IP that pulls packages in from said feed.

Recently I was told that a Nuget Package was being removed from IP as it was renamed, and thus I should remove it from the feed. I delete it from IP, but it still shows in mainline. I then try the following:

• unlist package before ensuring all versions are deleted from IP.
    • go into Azure Blob storage (where the packages are kept) and delete it. I'll note that it was not in blob under the containers that had IP or Mainline when I verified.
    • run the cleanup tasks in the management UI on both feeds.
    • set cleanup of the feed under storage and Retention to Delete Cached connector Packages, and delete old versions of everything except the 10 most recent. It's been 24 hours and it's still there.
    • clicked the "clear cache" button on the feed management page.

I see it still in Mainline, with the little radio tower symbol which indicates it's pulled from a connector. In the dropdown menu that allows me to download a package the option to delete it is not one of them. I'm out of ideas, sadly.

Who do I have to sacrifice to make the package go away? Albino goats are particularly expensive.

• inedo-engineer

Hi @arozanski_1087 ,

Fortunately, sacrificing an albino goat won't be necessary 🤣

Simply deleting the package using the UI will suffice to remove it from a feed. Unlisting or running retention rules are not necessary.

I'll share some information to help troubleshoot. Basically, there are three types of packages: Local, Cached, Remote:

1. If it's a Local package, then it will say "Delete Package"
    2. If it's a Cached package, then it will say "Delete Cached Package"
    3. If it's a Remote package, then there will be no delete option

Remote and Cached packages have the radio-tower icon.

Local and Cached packages are stored on the feed, and even if you remove the connector, cached packages will still be in the feed. This is by design.

Remote packages come from the connector associated with the feed. They cannot be removed (you could Filter then out if you really want). The metadata is not cached (unless you configure that on the Connector), which means that the data is always "live". When you remove all connectors from a feed, there will be no Remote packages.

Based on all this, it sounds like that package is coming from one of your connectors to Mainline. I would just remove the connectors from the feed until you find which one it's in.

Cheers,
    Alana

• @atripp that's extremely informative!

What I found this morning that was deleting and re-adding the connector for the IP feed after clearing the cache(because I'm paranoid) was what needed to happen for it to stop being cached by our Mainline feed.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation