Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Five days till license expiration!

• I logged on to ProGet just now and saw this banner:

7d1a71d0-35ab-402d-9ced-a4a12753a433-image.png

Apparently my license key will expire in 5 days!

What happens if my slow moving finance department can't get a new key purchased in 5 days?

Do my features revert to the free version of ProGet?

My company has the Basic version. My biggest worry with losing "Basic" features is the active directory integration. No auto-builds will be able to authenticate with ProGet if that drops out.

If the features do revert to free mode, is there a "grace period" to allow for slow moving enterprises to get their purchase ducks in a row?

(As a side note, I would propose a feature request to make this notification pop up 30 days prior to expiration.)

• inedo-engineer

Hi @Stephen-Schaff,

The renewal contact at your organization should have been receiving emails about 60 days ago, and then someone was supposed to be manually following up... but something clearly fell through the cracks. I already escalated it internally.

But not to worry! In a case like this, please just go to my.inedo.com, and request a 30-day trial license key. It has all the functionality of ProGet Basic, so your service won't be interrupted at all.

Changing the expiration warning in the software to 30 days is really good idea to prevent problems like this, so I'll request that as a feature internally :)

Cheers,

Nanci

• @NanciCalo,

Thank you for your prompt help! We have contacted our purchasing department to get a rush order on the new license. ("Rush" means that I hope to have it in a week or so.)

I was able to put in a trial license and everything seems to be working fine. It says it is good until the 27 of June, which should be more than enough time to get a new license purchased and installed.

Thank you again for keeping us running!

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation