Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Promotion API not working for Docker Feeds

• I am attempting to use the promotion API to promote a Docker Container Image from one feed to another. When I do that I get this error:

System.NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.
    at Inedo.ProGet.Feeds.Docker.DockerFeed.<Inedo-ProGet-Feeds-ISyncFeed-GetSyncPackageAsync>d__68.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Inedo.ProGet.WebApplication.SimpleHandlers.Api.PackagePromotion.PackagePromotionApiHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Inedo.ProGet.WebApplication.SimpleHandlers.Api.ProGetApiKeySecuredHandler.<ProcessRequestInternalAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
    at Inedo.Web.Handlers.Api.ApiKeySecuredHandler.<ProcessRequestInternalAsync>d__10.MoveNext()
    at Inedo.Web.Handlers.Api.StandardApiHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__1.MoveNext()

I am calling it from postman like this:

URL: https://myProGet.mydomain.net/api/promotions/promote
    HTTP Method: POST
    Request Body:

{
      "packageName": "dockerNamespace/myContainerImageName",
      "version": "2.5.1-build.162",
      "fromFeed": "images-prerelease",
      "toFeed": "images",
      "packageType": "docker"
    }

Content Type: JSON
    HTTP Headers:

• X-ApiKey: myapikeyhere

What do I need to change to get my request to work?

• inedo-engineer

Hi @Stephen-Schaff ,

what you're doing should work, but this appears to be a bug due to the special-handling required for docker image promotion via API - so I've logged this as PG-1939 - we should get it fix in the next maintenance release.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation