Inedo Community Forums Forums
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. rhessinger
    3. Posts

    Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

    If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

    rhessingerR Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 799
    • Groups 2

    Posts

    Recent
    • RE: ProGet slow fetching cargo packages

      Hi @jolaka9284_9459,

      We have pushed some improvements in ProGet 2025.18. These improvements include:

      • Improved connector metadata caching (may require an increase in the number of cached requests)
      • Improved index generation code
      • A new Feed management setting for Dependency Resolution
        • Standard Resolution, check in ProGet if that dependency exists
        • Force all dependencies through ProGet
        • Always use this feed unless Registry is specified

      In your case, since you are using ProGet as the mirror, I would suggest forcing all dependencies through ProGet, which can be configured on Feed -> Manage Feed.

      Thanks,
      Rich

      posted in Support
      rhessingerR
      rhessinger
    • RE: BuildMaster fails to return TeamCity build configs

      Hi @kquinn_2909

      That is why you are not seeing the builds. That build types API is returning the Id as WebProjectsReplicatorBuildOnChange, where the builds API is returning WebProjects_Replicator_BuildOnChange as the Id. Are you using any sort of shared build type?

      Thanks,
      Rich

      posted in Support
      rhessingerR
      rhessinger
    • RE: Docker Migration from Nexus – Feature Not Working

      Hi @koksime-yap_5909,

      No problem! Happy to help!

      Thanks,
      Rich

      posted in Support
      rhessingerR
      rhessinger
    • RE: BuildMaster fails to return TeamCity build configs

      Hi @kquinn_2909,

      I'm working to recreate this issue, but I'm struggling to recreate it. Would you be able to send us the results of the following API?

      app/rest/projects/WebProjects_Replicator?fields=buildTypes(buildType)
      

      The thought I currently have is that the Build Type list is returning something different that is filtering out those builds (https://github.com/Inedo/inedox-teamcity/blob/7d447a5f4f3c3e38c98012c65e9db40afec224b6/TeamCity/InedoExtension/TeamCityClient.cs#L84)

      Thanks,
      Rich

      posted in Support
      rhessingerR
      rhessinger
    • RE: Docker Migration from Nexus – Feature Not Working

      Hi @koksime-yap_5909,

      After looking into this further, although we can fix the import to handle the images without a media type, it will still be broken when you attempt to pull those images using the Docker client. This is because ProGet will only send the manifest as it is stored in ProGet, where Nexus will manipulate it to match the accept headers of the client. Since it is only returning the manifest as it is stored, the media type will be null which will cause the Docker client to fail with a missing or empty Content-Type header.

      Since we cannot assume what the mediaType should be, I think it would be better to resolve those prior to importing into ProGet. The nice thing is you can use the import logs to identify what images are missing the media type. You can run the import multiple times and it will only import the missing images and layers.

      Thanks,
      Rich

      posted in Support
      rhessingerR
      rhessinger
    • RE: Docker Migration from Nexus – Feature Not Working

      Hi @koksime-yap_5909,

      I apologize for the delay. This is next on my list to review and I will have an update for you on Monday.

      Thanks,
      Rich

      posted in Support
      rhessingerR
      rhessinger
    • RE: 2025 Offline Installer problems

      Hi @udi-moshe_0021,

      Would you be able to provide the Installation logs from a failed install? You can get them by rerunning the Offline installer and then clicking on the Logs tab.

      The other ting I would try doing is try running ProGet from the command line and then sharing the output with us. That may tells us any startup issues the application has. To do that, open a command prompt, navigate to the install directory (cd "C:\Program Files\ProGet\Service"), and then run proget.exe run. Could you share the output from that?

      Thanks,
      Rich

      posted in Support
      rhessingerR
      rhessinger
    • RE: APK v3

      Hi @henderkes,

      No problem! Both these issues are expected to be fixed in this Friday's release of ProGet 2025.18.

      Thanks,
      Rich

      posted in Support
      rhessingerR
      rhessinger
    • RE: APK v3

      Hi @henderkes,

      So we have identified the issue. When it comes to your packages, there where two issues that were preventing them from being updated and installed.

      1. The packages you provided to me are unsigned. According to the APK documentation, that is not supported. In reality, that is a case that they support and have supported for some time. So we have a ticket, PG-3192, to correct the checksum generation for unsigned packages.
      2. When a checksum is not generated, ProGet was inserting the hash of the package instead, which would cause the index to fail.
        • In older versions of APK tools V2, this would fail the install of that package, but show you the all packages in the index.
        • In newer versions of APK Tools V2, it will stop processing once a package with a bad checksum is shown. Which is why it looked like only one package existed in the feed. Installing these packages will most likely fail with a checksum error.
        • In APK Tools v3, it errors on apk update and these packages cannot be installed at all.

      We are going to be adding the checksum verification to the Feed integrity checks and a way to regenerate the checksums in ticket PG-3193. That should resolve all these issues for you. That also explains why my test cases worked fine, because most public index packages are signed packages.

      Thanks,
      Rich

      posted in Support
      rhessingerR
      rhessinger
    • RE: 2025 Offline Installer problems

      Hi @udi-moshe_0021,

      Our Windows test servers are a vanilla install of Server Standard (we test against a few different versions) with nothing but the defaults configured and the latest Microsoft updates applied. It is possible that specifying a different user could cause it. Just make sure that the user you specified has read, write, and modify permissions to the Config File Directory (typically C:\ProgramData\Inedo). Upon first start of the ProGet Service, it will create and setup the embedded database and update the ProGet.config file. Based on error, that looks to be where it is failing. I wonder if you are missing the modify permission on that directory and it is failing to update the ProGet.config file.

      Thanks,
      Rich

      Thanks,
      Rich

      posted in Support
      rhessingerR
      rhessinger
    • RE: APK v3

      Hi @henderkes,

      Sorry for the delay on this. Right now, there looks to be a couple issues I'm working through with this. I should have an update for you on Friday. I believe I have identified the issues, but I'm trying to confirm some things based on your APK packages. Just to confirm, the packages you shared are APK Tools V2 packages correct?

      Thanks,
      Rich

      posted in Support
      rhessingerR
      rhessinger
    • RE: Docker Migration from Nexus – Feature Not Working

      Hi @koksime-yap_5909,

      Thanks for sharing the steps. I'm going to attempt to reproduce this and I'll let you know what i find!

      Thanks,
      Rich

      posted in Support
      rhessingerR
      rhessinger
    • RE: 2025 Offline Installer problems

      Hi @udi-moshe_0021,

      I just ran some tests with both 2025.16 and 2025.17 using the embedded database on a clean install of Windows Server 2022 and everything installed and ran as expected. The only other thing I could think of could be a permissions issue. What account did you have ProGet service running as?

      Thanks,
      Rich

      posted in Support
      rhessingerR
      rhessinger
    • RE: Docker Migration from Nexus – Feature Not Working

      Hi @koksime-yap_5909,

      Ah ok. It make sense that we would not be able to pull those based on the accept headers. How many images do you have without a media type? Are these mostly old images or are there new ones missing this as well? Do you know how to recreate an image in Nexus without a media type?

      Thanks,
      Rich

      posted in Support
      rhessingerR
      rhessinger
    • RE: APK v3

      Hi @henderkes,

      Thanks for sending those packages over. I was able to recreate some issues with those packages and we are currently still looking for the cause. I'll send over an update once I have a bit more information.

      Thanks,
      Rich

      posted in Support
      rhessingerR
      rhessinger
    • RE: Docker Migration from Nexus – Feature Not Working

      Hi @koksime-yap_5909,

      There are certain types of OCI images that are not supported in ProGet (covered in this forums post), but the application/vnd.oci.image.manifest.v1+json image type manifest is supported. I'm guessing this is a quirk with Artifactory. What I have learned through implementing this importer is that Artifactory is very dependent on the order of accept headers. It is possible that the order is not quite right. Our order for the importers are:

      private static HttpRequestMessage CreateDockerHttpRequest(HttpMethod method, string url)
      {
          var request = new HttpRequestMessage(method, url);
          // Order matters here, especially with Artifactory
          request.Headers.Accept.Add(new("application/vnd.docker.distribution.manifest.v2+json"));
          request.Headers.Accept.Add(new("application/vnd.docker.distribution.manifest.list.v2+json"));
          request.Headers.Accept.Add(new("application/vnd.docker.distribution.manifest.v1+prettyjws"));
          request.Headers.Accept.Add(new("application/json"));
          request.Headers.Accept.Add(new("application/vnd.oci.image.manifest.v1+json"));
          request.Headers.Accept.Add(new("application/vnd.oci.image.index.v1+json"));
      
          return request;
      }
      

      Is it possible to share an example Docker file that we could build an image that has this import image? That way I can verify it mixed with standard Docker images.

      Thanks,
      Rich

      posted in Support
      rhessingerR
      rhessinger
    • RE: APK v3

      Hi @henderkes,

      I did try to download that script to extract the repo you were referring to, but Alpine does not have bash installed, only ash, so I get an error when attempting to run it. Could you please provide me a direct link? To be honest, this all screams a configuration error on Alpine or an issue with the APK directly.

      In my test, I created a feed in ProGet with a connector created pointing to "https://repos.zend.com/zendphp/apk_alpine320/x86_64/". I then added my feed to alpine, apk update, and then apk add php85zend. Everything worked as expected.

      Thanks,
      Rich

      posted in Support
      rhessingerR
      rhessinger
    • RE: APK v3

      Hi @henderkes,

      Can you provide where you are getting your test packages from? I have a feeling it has to do with them more than the index. I setup the environment you specified with alpine packages I pulled from Zend PHP and had no issues. I was able to update the index and install multiple packages.

      Thanks,
      Rich

      posted in Support
      rhessingerR
      rhessinger
    • RE: APK v3

      Hi @henderkes,

      Thank you for sending all this over! We are going to dig into this a bit further and will let you know what we find.

      Thanks,
      Rich

      posted in Support
      rhessingerR
      rhessinger
    • RE: APK v3

      Hi @henderkes,

      Based on the Alpine's Package Keeper documentation, although the apk-tools are at version 3, the index and packages are still v2. From what I can tell, there is no timeline on when the v2 Index format will be dropped and the use of the v3 index is an opt-in feature. Currently ProGet only supports the v2 index and package format. I have added apk V3 support to be reviewed for ProGet 2026.

      Could you please provide a little more details around what operations are giving you the errors and the log output that shows the error?

      Thanks,
      Rich

      posted in Support
      rhessingerR
      rhessinger
    • 1 / 1