Inedo Community Forums Forums
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. gurdip.sira_1271
    3. Posts

    Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

    If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

    G Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 5
    • Posts 29
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Help with Git raft in Otter

      I guess the bit I am confused about is if a restart is needed mid script. Would the agent on the server resume the script post reboot?

      For script assets, how would I reference from my Powershell script? Or should I use OtterScript and then have the step above and then my script?

      posted in Support
      G
      gurdip.sira_1271
    • RE: Help with Git raft in Otter

      I will give that a read.

      Two questions;

      1. How does Otter handle jobs that may require reboots in betwen/ For example, joining a domain.

      2. I have added some text files to my git repo but Ot

      One last question - in my git raft, I have a script that looks like this:

      $chocoPackages = $PSScriptRoot + "\chocoPackages.txt"
      
      $DB = Get-Content $chocoPackages
      
      foreach ($Data in $DB) {
      choco install $DB -y
      }
      

      However, I get the error:

      Cannot find path 'C:\chocoPackages.txt' because it does not exist.

      What am I missing?
      Oneter reports them as unknown file type.

      posted in Support
      G
      gurdip.sira_1271
    • RE: Help with Git raft in Otter

      Hmm I get your point about branching.

      Is there a way in the Raft to sany branch BUT main? As pr branches could be called anything.

      posted in Support
      G
      gurdip.sira_1271
    • RE: Help with Git raft in Otter

      Is that how this feature works though? Could I not just do a git commit to the repo and then use the scripts in Otter?

      I seem to have this working, not quite sure what is the exact config needed (hence the request to just provide the steps end-to-end. I like the product but the documentation is lacking slightly here).

      So now, when I add a file to my git repo, it shows in the Scripts area, which is all I need. :)

      posted in Support
      G
      gurdip.sira_1271
    • RE: Help with Git raft in Otter

      Ok am I safe to import that test repo into my repo?

      Sorry for all the questions, just this part of Otter seems to lack detail in steps!

      posted in Support
      G
      gurdip.sira_1271
    • RE: Help with Git raft in Otter

      @atripp said in Help with Git raft in Otter:

      e its working :)
      I think the issue is that you did

      Would that folder be in Inedo Otter or in Git, or both?

      posted in Support
      G
      gurdip.sira_1271
    • RE: Help with Git raft in Otter

      Ok so if I have a blank repo and the same config in secure credentials, I can add a script to Otter and in the raft and it appears.

      My only issue with this iswhat should my workflow be? I was hoping to retain the standard git workflow ie commit push etc.

      posted in Support
      G
      gurdip.sira_1271
    • RE: Help with Git raft in Otter

      They were addef by git commit, outside of Otter. Using vs code. I see the view in the attached screenshot.

      git-otter.PNG

      Is there a trick I am missing somewhere?

      posted in Support
      G
      gurdip.sira_1271
    • Help with Git raft in Otter

      Hi All,

      I am using Otter 3.0 and trying to setup a Git raft, that uses GitHub.

      I configured a secure credential that uses my username and a PAT token (Type is username/password).

      I then configured a GitHub raft, with the branch being main, and a username and same PAT token.

      However, when I browse the raft, there's no errors, but I don't see my files that I have commited to the branch?

      posted in Support
      G
      gurdip.sira_1271
    • 1
    • 2
    • 2 / 2