Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

How to configure extension galleries in Visual Studio 2013?

• Hi,

I created a Visual Studio 2013 extension. I would like to distribute it like all other extensions are distributed: Through the Extensions and Updates window, but using an additional extension gallery.

To do so, I created a NuGet package with all contents and I uploaded it to a feed.

Then, I opened Visual Studio 2013 / Options / Environment / Extensions and Updates. I added a new additional extension gallery and tried many URLs until one worked, this one:

http://our.server.company.com/nuget/Development/Packages

Where "our.server.company.com" is our company's server domain and "Development"is one of the feeds.

This URL shows me the packages available in the feed. But with 2 issues:

1. The version number is not shown in the name nor in the right panel.
    2. If N versions are uploaded, then N items are shown, again, with no version information.

If I access the package through the regular web interfaces, then only one package is shown. If I click it, then the available versions are shown.

Question: Is there any url that can be used for the extensions and updates window in visual studio?

Thanks,
    Joan

Product: ProGet
    Version: 3.8.0

• ProGet does not currently support Visual Studio Extension ("visx") feeds; we will add this in a future version, there hasn't been a lot of requests for it.

• Would love to see a VSIX feed (didn't see a way to vote for this feature).

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation