Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Migrating to a new server

• we are wanting to install Proget on a new server but don't know how to export the data out of SQL Express to get it into what will be created as the new database. I've attempted to connect with SQL management studio utilizing my account which I know is a local administrator on the server where Proget is installed but that doesn't work. Is there a local SQL ID/password that I should be using to connect or am I approaching this totally wrong. Thank you in advance.

Product: ProGet
    Version: 3.7.0

• You can look in the Web.config file in the ProGet Service directory to see what connection string it is currently using to connect to the database.

If you installed everything with default settings, this will be using integrated authentication, so it's connecting using whatever account the ProGet Service is running as. Outside of this, whoever installed/updated ProGet last would have also needed to have access for integrated auth.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation