Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Add Environment Step to Workflow allows Edit to Config Files

• I just added a step to one of my project's workflows (DEV) as we realized we needed a new environment. I then tried to update the CONFIG files to add the text for the new environment, and I found I could not add another instance to the CONFIG file. What do you think of adding a feature to allow another instance to the CONFIG files? That way, I don't have to create a new CONFIG file and lose the history of the new one. I'd really rather not manually change the database...

Thanks,
    Matthew

• Actually, I just noticed when creating a new CONFIG file that the Instances section says "Select the instances that will be created; these can be changed later."

How do I change the CONFIG file's instances?

Thanks,
    Matthew

• When you are editing the instances, there's a button in the top-left that says "Manage Instances", you'll then see a page where you can add or deactivate instances and template instances.

• That solved it, thanks!

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation