Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Parallel Actions against Server Groups

• Are there any plans to allow actions to execute in parallel against servers in a server group? I have server groups with, say, 5 servers that all need some simple action performed such as zipping up a directory. Currently I have to wait while server 1 is zipped up, then server 2, then 3, etc. It would cut a ton of time off our deployments if all 5 servers in the group could have their folders zipped up in parallel.

I know BuildMaster will let me use parallelism between entire action groups, but creating an action group for each server seems to defeat the purpose of server groups because then I'm hard-coding the servers into my deployment plan.

I'm not entirely keen on writing my own custom action to do this.

Product: BuildMaster
    Version: 4.6.1

• UPDATE: This is supported with the new execution engine, available in BuildMaster 4.9.

As of BuildMaster 4.6, this isn't supported, but definitely something we will support in the future. I can see other cases where this would be useful as well (e.g., copying files or deploying artifacts to multiple target servers).

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation