Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Subversion Assembly Not Found

• In trying to set up the subversion source control extension, I came upon the following error when I clicked Test Connection:

An unexpected error occurred while attempting to connect. Assembly Subversion was not found. The extension may be out of date, have been deleted, or could not be loaded.
    Parameter name: assemblyName

I am running BuildMaster on the server that our repository is on; BuildMaster seems to be able to find the repo easily, but can't find subversion itself to connect to. Any ideas as to what could be going on?

Product: BuildMaster
    Version: 4.3.7

• I assume the Subversion extension is installed? (Admin > BuildMaster Extensions)

It's worth trying to restart the BuildMaster service and web application (either service or IIS app pool) in case it didn't load properly.

Beyond that, what server is the source control provider attempting to use? Sometimes the agents are not fully up-to-date with extensions, and attempting to connect from an agent will throw that exception.

• Thanks for your response. Here's an update:

Yes, the extension is installed, and I have restarted both the web service and the inedobmsvc itself. Neither of these changed anything.

I am now back to where I started yesterday, where instead of getting the error above, I am getting "Unable to connect. svn: E230001: Unable to connect to a repository at URL '<our https svn server url is here>'svn: E230001: Server SSL certificate untrusted." I have put the svn server certificate in the highest trusted location, so BuildMaster should be accepting it, I think. I did this yesterday and BuildMaster seemed to be able to get past the connectivity part, but today it seems to have regressed.

Thoughts?

Thank you in advance!

• Fixed! The issue was that the subversion configuration was pointing to its local svn.exe instead of the one we had installed on the server. I had to change the 'Path to svn client' field to point to our copy of svn.exe.

Thanks again.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation