Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Images not appearing with IIS 5 hosted BuildMaster website

• Because I couldn't get BuildMaster's internal webserver to serve requests from outside the machine, I hosted the website in IIS's default website.
    This works like a charm (although I do have to remove a lot in the web.config from the Virtual Folders that are also running in that website... I'm running on a Windows XP Pro box, which only supports one website...)

Anyway, it to little or no effort to get that stuff running. There is just one issue I can't seem to get fixed.
    When browsing the website a large number of images don't appear, leaving a red cross in Internet Explorer, messing up the layout and also prohibiting me from downloading buildartifacts from the website.

Here is a snippet from the webserver's log showing the images failing to be served:
    06:37:48 192.168.1.100 GET /0x44/InedoIcons/Inedo.Web.Controls.IconImage/ProcessImageRequest/Virtuallnk/16x16/Window.png 404
    06:37:48 192.168.1.100 GET /0x44/InedoIcons/Inedo.Web.Controls.IconImage/ProcessImageRequest/Virtuallnk/16x16/Collapse+Up.png 404
    06:37:48 192.168.1.100 GET /0x44/InedoIcons/Inedo.Web.Controls.IconImage/ProcessImageRequest/Virtuallnk/16x16/Window.png 404
    06:37:48 192.168.1.100 GET /0x44/InedoIcons/Inedo.Web.Controls.IconImage/ProcessImageRequest/Virtuallnk/16x16/Collapse+Down.png 404
    06:37:48 192.168.1.100 GET /0x44/InedoIcons/Inedo.Web.Controls.IconImage/ProcessImageRequest/Virtuallnk/16x16/Collapse+Up.png 404
    06:37:48 192.168.1.100 GET /0x44/InedoIcons/Inedo.Web.Controls.IconImage/ProcessImageRequest/F3Silk/16x16/comment.png 404

It seems that requests starting with /0X44/ are to be routed to a number of handlers and this just seems to fail.

What can I do to fix this or diagnose the problem?

Thanks,
    // Vincent

• We don't support IIS5 (the version that's in Windows XP), especially in a "shared" IIS application environment. It probably works, but we don't test it anymore since having the Integrated Web Server.

Did you try following the steps in this article ( http://inedo.com/support/kb/1014/changing-buildmasters-url-with-the-integrated-web-server ) to bind different URLs to the integrated web server? We use the HTTP.SYS stack, which requires that unfortunately.

As for your issue in IIS5... if I had to guess, it would be that it has something to do with requests to .png resources not being served by the ASP.NET runtime. All requests must be executed by the ASP.NET ISAPI handler in order to be processed by BuildMaster.

• Hi Alex,

After reading your (Alex') reply I concluded that given the fact that I'm using a WinXP machine as a build server, using IIS is no option for me.

I had already tried the instructions you gave me. I tried them again an to no avail.
    I did noticed that although I did provide a valid username and password the service was still being registered under the local service user. That was odd.

I guessed the settings for the webserver would be stored in the database (as I couldn't find them in the config file).
    I added the IntegratedWebServer_Prefixes (which I remembered from the settings screen) and added a binding. -> Works like a charm.

However, I still wondered why registering the service as described in the knowledgebase article didn't work.
    So I took a peek inside bmservice.exe.

I found the answer in the construcor of the Arguments class. The knowledgebase article is wrong!

The command to execute isn't "bmservice /iws /user=[SERVICE_USER] /password=[SERVICE_USER_PASSWORD] /prefixes=[HOST_NAMES]", it's bmservice /iws /user [SERVICE_USER] /password [SERVICE_USER_PASSWORD] /prefixes [HOST_NAMES]".

Also, the hostnames aren't sparated by semicolons, but by regular colons.

Maybe you could fix this in the knowledgebase?

Thanks,
    // Vincent.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation