Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Issues with Cyrillic characters support

• I'm evaluating BuildMaster 3.1.4 (Build 20) and have
    issues with cyrillic characters in application names, paths etc. I got ????? instead of cyrillic. I guess this is because of sql db collaction which is SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS. I was tried to change it to Cyrillic_General_CI_AS, but no luck, got objects dependency error like "The object 'CK__PlanActions_Retry_Count' is dependent on database collation. The database collation cannot be changed if a schema-bound object depends on it. Remove the dependencies on the database collation and then retry the operation."

Any plans to support non latin characters in the future? or maybe be a quick fix is already available for described issue?

Thank you in advance

• Hi Oleg,

The problem is that the database stores some of this information as VARCHAR instead of NVARCHAR. SQL Server converts cyrillic (and other non-Latin) characters to ???.

Unfortunately, there is no quick fix; the appropriate columns (and stored procs, etc) must be changed to NVARCHAR.

But we do have this planned for 3.2, which isn't too far away.

Best,
    Steve

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation