Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

SVN E155007

• I'm trying out BuildMaster. I've done the "Accounts" walkthrough, without a problem. Now I'm trying to build one of our .NET apps, pulled from our SVN server.

I click on "Create New Application", select ".NET Application", enter a name, and click "Next".

In "step 2 of 7", I choose our Source Control Provider (a local instance of Collab.net's svnedge), and in "Path of solution or project" I browse to the trunk folder of the project, and click "Next".

I get an error:

svn: E155007: 'C:\Windows\Temp\tmpE533.tmp' exists and is not a directory

Three questions:

1. What does this error mean?
    2. How does BuildMaster handle branches, tags, and trunk, when working with SVN? Once I've configured an app from SVN, I'll want to be able to tell BuildMaster to build different branches and tags of it, but it's not clear to me how BuildMaster will determine the appropriate URL for the different branches. There has to be some logic that maps branches into URLs, but I don't see where that is documented.
    3. How do I configure BuildMaster to not use c:\Windows\Temp as its location for temp files?

Product: BuildMaster
    Version: 4.1.7

1. The error means a directory (apparently /trunk) was selected instead of a file (specifically .sln or .csproj file).

2. Branches in Subversion are simply different source paths, so choosing which branch to build from can be done with a Release variable (see http://inedo.com/support/kb/1079/common-uses-for-variables)

3. The only time that BuildMaster uses C:\Windows\Temp\ directly is when Path.GetTempFileName() is invoked, and in this case that is actually happening in the Subversion extension (source). All other temporary files (e.g. for actions, server prep, etc.) are done in the temporary directories configured in the service and web application's appSettings.config files.

Note that if this application creation recipe is causing too much hassle, you could also create a "Standard Application" instead of a .NET one and add the few actions that it adds for you:

Get Source

• Tag: from /trunk to /tags/%APPNAME%-%RELNO%.%BLDNO%
    • Get Latest: /tags/%APPNAME%-%RELNO%.%BLDNO% (or /branches/3.1 ..., or /%BUILD-SOURCE%/ ..., whatever)
    • Optional: Write Assembly Version
    • Optional: Install NuGet Packages (if any)

Build

• Build MSBuild Project
    • Create Build Artifact

Deploy

• Deploy Build Artifact

• It wasn't clear to me, from the UI, that I should be selecting the path to the solution file, rather than to the project. When I selected the solution file, the recipe proceeded to create a couple of problematic actions - "Subversion does not support the "Apply Label" operation.

I think you're right - I'd be better served building up my deployments from scratch, rather than trying to use the recipes. The recipes seem to make assumptions that don't always fit, and it's easier to build your own than to figure out what they are doing that isn't working.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation