Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

ProGet: Different behavior for build creation

• Hi,

there are two possibilities to create a build in a project in ProGet 2024.
    I can select between "Create Build" and "Import SBOM".
    c304e72b-5fc3-49db-9daf-74c7b3ef24e3-image.png

I was interested in what would happen if I create a build with the same version twice.
    Both of those options create a new build but with a different behavior.

If I select "Create Build" to create e.g. build 1.0.0 and I do this a second time I get an error:
    4d077e6d-15db-4b7d-9073-078019430d3c-image.png

If I select "Import SBOM" to create build 2.0.0 and I do this a second time, the first build gets deleted and overwritten I think. Because if build 2.0.0 is in another stage and I try to import the SBOM to my default stage, the build is available in the default stage and no longer in the other stage.

Shouldn't these two options behave the same?

If we use pgutil to import a SBOM we would prefer that previous builds would not be overwritten. It should no happen that a build with the same version gets created twice, but sometimes mistakes happen. In this case the previous build should not be deleted without a warning.

Can you please have a look into this szenario? Maybe we can also discuss what would be the best behavior for pgutil in this case.

Thanks
    Caterina

• Edit:

If I first use "Create Build" to create build 3.0.0 and afterwards "Import SBOM" to create build 3.0.0 I have two builds with version 3.0.0 in my project.
    The same happens if I do it vice versa.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation