Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Connecting feeds

• I need to organised my internal packages into many feeds that vary according to access/compliance requirements. Access to each feed can be managed accordingly. To make it simple for developers I would like to present a single feed for each language. If I use connectors to combine feeds I think it will copy all packages into the main feed and lose the original feeds permissions meaning everyone with access to it will see everything. Is there a way to use connectors where they proxy the connection effectively evaluating the access permissions dynamically and not copying?

• inedo-engineer

Hi @matt-wood_5559,

I think I understand what you're asking - basically you'd like to create a feed when some users see one set of packages, but other users see a different set?

This is definitely not possible, and it's simply not something ProGet does from a design standpoint: i.e. "file-system type" granular permissions.

While it might seem convenient or nice to give users "just a single URL" to access, it ends up makes things much more complicated to configure/use/maintain. Basically some users will get random "package not found" errors while others will build fine. It'd be very confusing and big headache.

Instead, it's best to educate on different feeds/repositories, and help them use and request access as needed.

Hope that helps,

Alana

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation