Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Unable to add license to package

• Hi,

I have an issue that says Unknown License Detected for package
    Microsoft.AspNet.Web.Optimization 1.1.3

But when I use "Assign License Type to URL" and choose an existing license
    (in this case MICROSOFT .NET LIBRARY) and press Add to license nothing seem to happen and the package still has an unknown license.

I tried to add the package to the license as Package name but its says its invalid
    "pkg:/nuget/Microsoft.AspNet.Web.Optimization" is an invalid package name.

the same if i try to add it as an PUrl (pkg:/nuget/Microsoft.AspNet.Web.Optimization@1.1.3)

• inedo-engineer

Hi @v-makkenze_6348 ,

I wasn't sure what version you're on. I'm not able to reproduce this in ProGet 2023.32, so I wonder if it's a possibly a bug in an earlier version of ProGet 2023? We recently made some fixes.

How did you try to add the license as Package name?

Did you manually edit the license, or use the dialog to add the entry?

Thanks,
    Alana

• I upgraded to 23.0.32 (was on 23.0.31) and the license looks ok now but when I run analyze I get a timeout.

An error occurred in the web application: Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

After that I ran the PackageAnalyzer task but that failed too.

Unhandled exception: Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Execution Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
     ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (258): The wait operation timed out.
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.<>c.<ExecuteDbDataReaderAsync>b__209_0(Task`1 result)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationResultTaskFromResultTask`2.InnerInvoke()
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    --- End of stack trace from previous location ---
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
    --- End of stack trace from previous location ---
       at Inedo.Data.DatabaseContext.DbResult.CreateAsync(DbCommand command, DatabaseContext context, DateTimeOffset startTime, Stopwatch stopwatch)
       at Inedo.Data.DatabaseContext.ExecuteInternalAsync(String storedProcName, GenericDbParameter[] parameters)
       at Inedo.Data.SqlServerDatabaseContext.ExecuteInternalAsync(String storedProcName, GenericDbParameter[] parameters)
       at Inedo.ProGet.Data.DB.Context.Projects_GetReleaseAnalyzerDataAsync(Nullable`1 ProjectRelease_Id)
       at Inedo.ProGet.Projects.ProjectReleaseAnalyzer.AnalyzeReleaseAsync(Int32 projectReleaseId, Boolean sendEmail, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Inedo.ProGet.ScheduledTasks.General.PackageAnalyzerScheduledTask.AnalyzeReleasesAsync(ScheduledTaskContext context)
       at Inedo.ProGet.ScheduledTasks.General.PackageAnalyzerScheduledTask.ExecuteAsync(ScheduledTaskContext context)
       at Inedo.ProGet.Service.Executions.ActiveScheduledTaskExecution.ExecuteAsync()
    ClientConnectionId:e6772410-67c5-4929-a7c3-c2ad388f8e73
    Error Number:-2,State:0,Class:11

• inedo-engineer

Hi @v-makkenze_6348,

It's hard to say for sure, but there's clearly some kind of database timeout problem here when running Projects_GetReleaseAnalyzerData . I suppose you could try running that directly, and see if it takes a long time?

I suspect the issue is that you have too many active releases. This is a major issue with ProGet 2023's feature -- it was designed with the assumption that users would archive releases, but we've seen thousands in the field. If you have a lot of active releases, this cause some big performance issues.

ProGet 2024 auto-archives builds (the new word for releases).

Cheers,
    Alana

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation