Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

ProGet and PowerShells PSResourceGet module

• Hi,

I wanted to ask if the ProGet technical team test any of the ProGet functionality with the new PSResourceGet module? since this is the new way for powershell to interact with the v3 API.

From my own testing I can say it works ok so far but I wanted to ask if you guys actively test and keep upto date with this module?

I've noticed a couple of issues logged on GitHub about ProGet and the PSResourceGet module so thought I would ask.

• inedo-engineer

Hi @forbzie22_0253 ,

Not really... we have tried it from time to time, and like your own testing, it seems to work okay?

In general, both the PowerShell Gallery and the client tools (PSResourceGet, PSGet) are "quirky", and we do our best to document this behavior for ProGet users. We link to several open GitHub issues in that documentation, and you've spotted several of other "quirks" logged in GitHub as well.

The issue isn't really about ProGet, but the fact that PowerShell tooling is designed to work exclusively with PowerShellGallery.com. Everything else is a a secondary use case, which is why you'll see a lot of issues logged with non-PowerShellGallery.com usage (ProGet, ADO, etc).

PowerShelllGallery.com is "based on" the NuGet Server API, but it's not documented how or where it diverges. Sometimes the PowerShell team will fix the "divergences", other times they won't. If we can work-around the "divergence" then we will, otherwise we just call it a "quirk" and document it.

Hope that helps,
    Alana

• So its early days but performing the basic Functions from both the PowerShellGet and PSResourceGet modules seems to work as expected without issue, i.e. Find-Module, Find-PSResource, Install-Module, Install-PSResource, Publish-Module, Publish-PSResource work well.

I guess the main reason for asking this question was to check that you guys keep track of these modules released by Microsoft since they are widely used and its nice to know support is on hand if necessary. Its always comforting to know that a vendor is keeping track of issues on platforms such as GitHub etc....

thanks for prompt replies.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation