Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Azure blob storage gives 500 internal server error

• I've configured a Universal feed with Azure blob storage according to the guide here
    https://docs.inedo.com/docs/proget-howto-configure-feed-for-azure-blob

But when trying to upload a package I only get the following

fc647ec9-28f9-4166-8aba-908d24eb84ad-image.png

If I change back to default storage the error disappears.

Anyone got any ideas?

• inedo-engineer

Hi @carl-westman_8110 ,

This is likely due to some authentication or other configuration with Azure Blob. You will see the specific error on the ProGet, logged under Admin > Diagnostic Center.

Best,
    Steve

• @stevedennis said in Azure blob storage gives 500 internal server error:

Admin

Hi Steve! Here is the full message, can you see anything specific in it? Or is it to general?

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Azure.Storage.Blobs.Models.BlobOpenWriteOptionsExtensions.ToBlockBlobOpenWriteOptions(BlobOpenWriteOptions options)
    at Azure.Storage.Blobs.BlobClient.OpenWriteInternal(Boolean overwrite, BlobOpenWriteOptions options, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at Azure.Storage.Blobs.BlobClient.OpenWriteAsync(Boolean overwrite, BlobOpenWriteOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at Inedo.ProGet.Extensions.FileSystems.CaseInsensitiveFileSystem.CreateFileAsync(String fileName, FileAccessHints hints, CancellationToken cancellationToken) in C:\Users\builds\AppData\Local\Temp\InedoAgent\BuildMaster\192.168.44.60\Temp\_E233598\Src\ProGetCoreEx\Extensions\FileSystems\CaseInsensitiveFileSystem.cs:line 66
    at Inedo.ProGet.Feeds.Universal.UniversalFeed.InstallPackageInternalAsync(Stream packageStream, InstallPackageOptions options, Boolean promoted) in C:\Users\builds\AppData\Local\Temp\InedoAgent\BuildMaster\192.168.44.60\Temp\_E233598\Src\ProGetCoreEx\Feeds\Universal\UniversalFeed.cs:line 743
    at Inedo.ProGet.WebApplication.FeedEndpoints.Universal.UniversalRepositoryHandler.ProcessUploadRequestAsync(UniversalFeed feed, HttpContext context, WebApiContext apiContext, String url) in C:\Users\builds\AppData\Local\Temp\InedoAgent\BuildMaster\192.168.44.60\Temp\_E233598\Src\ProGet.WebApplication\FeedEndpoints\Universal\UniversalRepositoryHandler.Upload.cs:line 76
    at Inedo.ProGet.WebApplication.FeedEndpoints.FeedEndpointHandler.FeedRequestHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpContext context) in C:\Users\builds\AppData\Local\Temp\InedoAgent\BuildMaster\192.168.44.60\Temp\_E233598\Src\ProGet.WebApplication\FeedEndpoints\FeedEndpointHandler.cs:line 123

• inedo-engineer

Hi @carl-westman_8110 ,

That's a bug within the Azure SDK, and it looks familiar. I think I've seen it before, and we upgraded or worked-around it a while ago.

What version of ProGet is this? I would upload to latest version if you're not there.

Otherwise, can you try to "play around" and try different feed types (NuGet for example) and different Azure buckets/configurations? Given that this is an Azurer SDK bug, it's difficult to guess what exactly is causing the problem.

Thanks,
    Alana

• Ahh that could be it, I will update to latest version and try it again :)

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation