Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Unable to pull remote npm package after upgrade to ProGet 2023

• I'm running ProGet 2023.3, and I'm getting an error installing scoped npm packages, but only under some conditions...

• some my-npm feed is connected to the default npmjs registry
    • e.g. for package @uirouter/angularjs, go to the /feeds/my-npm/@uirouter/angularjs/1.1.0 page in a browser
    • ensure the package isn't pulled locally to ProGet yet (has "remote" icon next to the package version). Delete the package version if it's already pulled locally.
    • from an npm client, configured to use the my-npm registry, run npm i @uirouter/angularjs@1.1.0 --> fails with E404 Package Not Found
    • from the package version page in the browser again, use the dropdown to "Pull To ProGet"
    • run npm i ... again --> works

I saw that ProGet 2023.4 was released today. I upgraded to that, but no change in behavior. This was working fine prior to 2023.x.

Note that while I was troubleshooting, trying to rule out issues on my side, I think the package name is being mangled when it's requested via the connector. I tried temporarily creating a connector for the my-npm feed, which pulled from temp-npm feed, which pulled from the default npmjs registry. When I did that and tried npm i I saw, "An error occurred processing a GET request to http://127.0.0.1:8095/npm/temp-npm/@@uirouter/angularjs: Package was not found." --> note the double @@

• inedo-engineer

Hi @jeff-peirson_4344,

Thanks for the detailed steps. I've been able to reproduce this and we should have a fix for it shortly.

As you've seen, we've had a few regression in npm feeds for this release. Historically, npm was the first non-NuGet feed we added to ProGet, and we decided the major version release was a good opportunity to do some badly needed refactoring. Unfortunately, regressions are a result, but we are now able to iterate much more quickly.

Would you be willing to try a prerelease version?

• No problem - thanks for the quick reply. Yes we can upgrade to a pre-release version.

• inedo-engineer

We have a prerelease version available with this fix (PG-2354) if you would like to try it. To install on Windows using Inedo Hub, click the [config] link in the bottom and paste in https://proget.inedo.com/upack/PrereleaseProducts/ - you should then be able to upgrade to v23.0.5-rc.4. If you're running in Docker on Linux, just use tag 23.0.5-ci.4.

• I pulled the ci.4 image and that fixed the issue. I haven't noticed any other issues, so I'll just leave the ci version installed until the next ProGet release.

Thanks again for the quick fix.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation