Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

[OTTER 3] Upgrade to 3.0.21 breaks Template variables in Edit Template Details

• Hello

I upgrade to 3.0.21 (build 2) and can't access to Template Variables anymore 😠

8ebbdf56-e068-4092-8a7f-318ad67b7554-image.png

Error log :
    Details: URL: http://:8626/jobs/templates/edit-variable?templateId=Default::JobTemplate::VMWARE-VM-Creation&variableIndex=0
    Referrer: https://
    /jobs/templates/template?templateId=Default::JobTemplate::VMWARE-VM-Creation
    User: Admin
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/99.0.4844.82 Safari/537.36
    Stack trace: à Inedo.Otter.WebApplication.Pages.Jobs.JobTemplates.EditJobTemplateVariablePage.CreateChildControls()
    à Inedo.Otter.WebApplication.Pages.OtterSimplePageBase.<InitializeAsync>d__9.MoveNext()
    --- Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l'emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l'exception a été levée ---
    à System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    à Inedo.Web.PageFree.SimplePageBase.<ExecutePageLifeCycleAsync>d__57.MoveNext()
    --- Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l'emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l'exception a été levée ---
    à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    à Inedo.Web.PageFree.SimplePageBase.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__56.MoveNext()
    à System.Web.TaskAsyncHelper.EndTask(IAsyncResult ar)
    à Inedo.Web.Handlers.AsyncHandlerWrapper.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result)
    à System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    à System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
    à System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

• inedo-engineer

Hi @philippe-camelio_3885,

Is this happening for all template variables in all job templates? If you add a new variable, does it work then?

Thanks,
    Rich

• Downgrade to 3.0.18 restore the access.
    Downgrade to 3.0.20 doesn't

• Hello @rhessinger
    It happens for all the variables of all the templates jobs.
    I did not try to create a new variables as I needed to modify an existing one.

• inedo-engineer

Could you please try to add a new Template Variable and let me know if you can edit that? It will tell me whether I need to focus on the variable or the template itself for the null error.

Thanks,
    Rich

• Hi,

I upgrade again to 3.0.21.
    The problem occurs only for the job I wanted to modify.
    All the others jobs can be edited.

I have to roll back to 3.0.18.

If this pb is too complex to resolve, I will recreate the job. Let me know :)

Best regards

• inedo-engineer

Would you be able to send us your Job Template JSON for us to review? You can get the JSON by:

1. Navigate to Administration -> Raft Repositories
    2. On the raft your template is stored in, click "browse" to the right
    3. Find your Job Template and click the name
    4. Copy the RAW JSON

You can send it to support@inedo.com with an email subject of [QA-805] Job Template and please let me know when you send it.

Thanks,
    Rich

• inedo-engineer

Thanks for sending it over. Please give me a bit of time to review it and I'll let you know what I find!

Thanks,
    Rich

• inedo-engineer

I think I found the issue. I have fixed it as part of OT-458 and it will be released in Otter 3.0.22 on Friday, April 8th.

Thanks,
    Rich

• Good news

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation