Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

ProGet: Feature Request: Allow disabling repackaging OR promotion while keeping the other

• Our package promotion process involves repackaging versions from a dev feed into a prod feed.

Users have found it confusing to have to remember to use Repackage instead of Promote, as "promote" is kind of the language we use for the process.

I would like to remove the option to Promote packages, while leaving the Repackage option. In the permissions scheme, as far as i can tell, the two mechanisms are considered to be the same thing. The Task is literally Promote/Repackage Packages.

Is there any way to do this currently? We're still on v5 if that matters.

thanks!

• inedo-engineer

Hi @mcascone ,

I admit this can be confusing and is unintuitive because these were added separately over time, and the weren't originally designed for how they're used today. We need to rethink/redesign this based on the use cases.

I'm going to add this thread under the "promotion/repackaging workflows" topic for our next major version of ProGet. Once we know what we want to do, we can may be able to implement some changes as a preview feature in v6.

FYI, this is exactly how the big API Key changes and feed/package usage instructions came about!

https://forums.inedo.com/topic/3204/proget-feature-request-api-key-admin-per-user

So stay tuned :)

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation