Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

docker pull from proget not working

• I have setup a nginx proxy with SSL certs setup. I am able to do docker pull and docker push, IF i do a docker login first with Admin for example. The anonymous permissions allows for the tasks of 'view and download packages' however I am unable to do a docker pull without any login.

I get the following error:
    Error response from daemon: received unexpected HTTP status: 500 Internal Server Error

I am running the proget docker image with mssql and nginx.

Can we confirm if its possible to download docker images without login?

Thank you

• inedo-engineer

Hello; you should be able to get the error message from Admin > Diagnostic center, inside of PRoGet. Hopefully that will give some insight as to where the underlying problem is...

• hi,

i just checked the diagnostics center, I see other errors regarding feeds etc, but i do anything regarding docker pull.

Its weird i only get this issue when i'm not logged in as a user; unless this was by design.

• inedo-engineer

Hello @jyip_5228,

Anonymous Docker feed access is supported, and a 500 response is (almost) always a bug.

In the ProGet advanced settings, you can set Diagnostics.FeedErrorLogging to the Docker feed's numeric ID and it should give more information about the failed request in the diagnostic center.

• I'm getting the same issue. Output from diagnostic center is :

A 500 error occurred in (unknown feed): The input is not a valid Base-64 string as it contains a non-base 64 character, more than two padding characters, or an illegal character among the padding characters.

URL: http://proget.mywebsite.com/v2/docker/myapp/manifests/1.0.0
    Referrer: (not set)
    User: (unknown)
    User Agent: docker/19.03.2 go/go1.12.8 git-commit/6a30dfc kernel/4.4.0-170-generic os/linux arch/amd64 UpstreamClient(Docker-Client/19.03.2 \(linux\))
    Stack trace:

• inedo-engineer

Hello @aslepikas_5779 and @jyip_5228:

It looks like this happens in the processing of the Authorization: Bearer anonymous header. I've filed PG-1669 to fix this.

• @ben

I updated to 5.2.25 where PG-1669 was fixed. This still appears to be an issue, same warning as above, only difference is the User Agent field

User Agent: docker/19.03.3 go/go1.12.10 git-commit/a872fc2 kernel/4.4.0-165-generic os/linux arch/amd64 UpstreamClient(Docker-Client/19.03.3 \(linux\))

• inedo-engineer

@aslepikas_5779 said in docker pull from proget not working:

@ben

I updated to 5.2.25 where PG-1669 was fixed. This still appears to be an issue, same warning as above, only difference is the User Agent field

User Agent: docker/19.03.3 go/go1.12.10 git-commit/a872fc2 kernel/4.4.0-165-generic os/linux arch/amd64 UpstreamClient(Docker-Client/19.03.3 \(linux\))

Is the stack trace actually empty? If not, it would be very helpful in tracking down this bug.

• @ben

yeah, the stacktrace is empty

01aac804-4b91-4d6e-8cdb-8135810bfb10-image.png

• inedo-engineer

Hello; can you try updating ProGet? Actually, it seems 5.2.5 wasn't pushed/available at the until just a few days ago.

• @atripp

I did update proget manually, I built my own docker image for 5.2.25, deployed it, same issue (that version did fix the helm 3 support that I was waiting for as well). Today I've updated to 5.2.26, same 500 issue as before.

A 500 error occurred in (unknown feed): The input is not a valid Base-64 string as it contains a non-base 64 character, more than two padding characters, or an illegal character among the padding characters.

Details: 
    URL: http://proget.mywebsite.com/v2/myapp/manifests/1.0.0
    Referrer: (not set)
    User: (unknown)
    User Agent: docker/19.03.5 go/go1.12.12 git-commit/633a0ea kernel/4.19.76-linuxkit os/linux arch/amd64 UpstreamClient(Docker-Client/19.03.5 \(windows\))
    Stack trace:

if you know where proget puts the logs in the linux container or a way to set the standard out more verbosely so I can get a better stack-trace for your guys, let me know.

• inedo-engineer

Hello; this should get resolved in PG-1676, which is scheduled for the next maintence release.

• @atripp

5.2.27 has fixed the issue. Thank you so much!

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation