Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Running Otter plan from Romp Install command line

• I am using Romp Command line to install a package. The code in my Otter plan is as follows:
    Execute-Powershell Write-Output "Hello World!"
    (
    LogOutput: true,
    Debug: true,
    Verbose: true,
    RunOnSimulation: true,
    Isolated: false
    );

when I run romp install on the package, I see momentarily that it says it is executing, and then almost immediately it replaces that with "Job #X completed successfully". Any output that I have via PowerShell or from a SQL*Plus script I want to be retained after the package is installed, for verification purposes.

When running romp through command line, how do I get the output from scripts in the Otter plan to be retained after the install completes?
    Alternatively, can I define a log file that will keep this? Please provide code snippets.

• inedo-engineer

Job logs are stored in a SQLite database; generally only errors are output to the console directly. To view a complete log, you can execute the romp jobs logs command.

Hope this helps!

• @gdivis Thank you! Romp jobs logs is just what I was after.
    Is there any way I can make this output automatic after the installation has finished?

I considered coding this into my install.otter, but it seems that romp jobs logs only runs for the last completed job, so it would not be viable here.

• inedo-engineer

I'll see if we can get a new version built that includes an option to output the full log to the console after a job completes. In the meantime, you could call romp with a simple batch script like:

romp install %1
    romp jobs logs

Then invoke it with: romp.bat <packageName>

Let me know if that's helpful!

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation