Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Error on FindPackagesById

• I currently get the following issue in ProGet (just updated to the newest version, it didn't work in 5.2.3 either): When trying to access the FindPackagesById() endpoint for any feed I get the error:

"An error occurred getting the package: The version number provided is invalid. See https://inedo.com/support/kb/1157#semver2 for details on version number formatting restrictions."

The traceback for this (as gathered from the admin panel) is as follows:

System.AggregateException: The version number provided is invalid. See https://inedo.com/support/kb/1157#semver2 for 
        details on version number formatting restrictions. ---> System.FormatException: String is not a valid semantic version.
    at Inedo.ProGet.Feeds.SemanticVersion2.Parse(String s)
    at Inedo.ProGet.Feeds.NuGet.NuGetVersion.Parse(String s, Boolean legacy)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Inedo.ProGet.Feeds.NuGet.NuGetVersion.Parse(String s, Boolean legacy)
    at Inedo.ProGet.WebApplication.UnifiedFeedBrowsing.Feeds.NuGetFeedDataFactory.<GetPackageAsync>d__3.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Inedo.ProGet.WebApplication.Pages.Packages.PackageVersionPage.<GetPackageAsync>d__24.MoveNext()
    ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.FormatException: String is not a valid semantic version.
    at Inedo.ProGet.Feeds.SemanticVersion2.Parse(String s)
    at Inedo.ProGet.Feeds.NuGet.NuGetVersion.Parse(String s, Boolean legacy)<---

---> (Inner Exception #1) System.FormatException: Invalid version number.
    at Inedo.ProGet.Feeds.NuGet.LegacyNuGetVersion.Parse(String version)
    at Inedo.ProGet.Feeds.NuGet.NuGetVersion.Parse(String s, Boolean legacy)<---

This happens even on a completely empty feed .

Since this function is used by nuget during the restore step, the server is essentially useless in this case.

Product: ProGet
    Version: 5.2.4

• inedo-engineer

Hello,

I'd like to get a little more information regarding this ticket. Can you provide me some screen shots of your feed settings and other relevant screens.

Thanks,
    Jason

• What exactly do you need? For the record, I just tried to delete all feeds and recreate them from scratch and still get the same error.

Here's the error in the browser: Error
    Since this is HTML, the nuget client complains about invalid XML:

My feed settings look like this: Feed Settings

The error is the same regardless of whether a connector to our previous Nuget server is configured or not.

• inedo-engineer

Hi,

We are still discussing this issue internally. I am wondering if the issue could be with the endpoint.. can you change to /nuget/default instead of /feeds/default/nuget

Thanks,
    Jason

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation