Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Populate from Template

• What is the purpose of this button in creating orchestration job? When I click this button it shows me the list of templates but unfortunately, nothing happens when I click one of them.

I can not find anything about it in the documentation.

Product: Otter
    Version: 2.1.2

• inedo-engineer

Are you saying you can't create a job from a template?

The main purpose of the template is:

Instead of specifying the plan and server targeting each time you create a job, you can create a job template that will specify these for you. The template can also specify variables that will need to be entered when the job is run.

While this can save you a few steps when running jobs, the biggest benefit of job templates is that, once defined, you can now trigger jobs using a the job trigger API. This will allow you to use nearly any other tool, such as Jenkins or a PowerShell script, to trigger an Otter orchestration job.

However, we plan to expand it to be a lot more useful with better variable selection, etc.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation