Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Trouble getting started with Otter

• I have installed a fresh SQL Express (since it was not possible to install it with your installer even though your installer suggests it).

Then I created a new Database with collation “SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS”. After a few seconds I do receive an error that it was not possible to change the collation. Even though it is not necessary to change it, since I already have created the DB with this collation.

I investigated a bit and found out the following:

There are no sessions to my sqlexpress server, but as soon as I start your installer it generates one Session to the new Databse and if I start the installation it generates two more.

It looks like your installer itself blocks it from changing the collation.

Thanks

Product: Otter
    Version: 2.0.9

• Hi Benedikt,

We haven't been able to reproduce this, and I don't see any instances in the installer code where SQL connections are not released immediately after being used.

What do you mean that it was not possible to install SQL Express with our installer? Did it fail with an error, or was the option disabled?

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation