Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Issue with Artifactory::Retrieve-Artifact

• Hello,
    first of all, i'm totally new with buildmaster.

I try to retrieve an artifact from a jfrog artifactory server.
    I have install the Artifactory extension

But, it doesn't work.
    here is my plan :

Artifactory::Retrieve-Artifact
    (
    Credentials: repo,
    Credentials: repo,
    Repository: https://repo.myorg.net,
    Path: /artifactory/maven.release/net/artifact/myapp/1.1.1/myapp-1.1.1.jar,
    ToFile: C:\home\build-master
    );

I receive the following error :

DEBUG: 2018-07-02 13:27:32Z - Using LocalAgent agent on localhost

ERROR: 2018-07-02 13:27:32Z - Unhandled exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Inedo.Extensions.Artifactory.Credentials.ArtifactoryCredentials.CreateClient()
    at Inedo.Extensions.Artifactory.Operations.ArtifactoryOperation.CreateClient()
    at Inedo.Extensions.Artifactory.Operations.GetArtifactMetadataOperation.<ExecuteAsync>d__16.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Inedo.BuildMaster.Windows.ServiceApplication.Executions.PlanExecuter.DeploymentPlanExecuter.<Inedo-ExecutionEngine-Executer-IExecutionHostEnvironment-ExecuteActionAsync>d__25.MoveNext()

Any idea what is wrong ... ?

Version buildmaster 6.0.6.

Regards.

Did.

Product: BuildMaster
    Version: 6.0.8

• Under Admin > Resource Credentials, is there a saved Artifactory set of credentials named "repo" with a base URL, username, and password all filled in?

Also, the operation text has the Credentials property listed twice, remove one of them.

I will also have someone put a note in to fix that error message since it's not particularly helpful :)

• I have removed the credentials, it's still the same error.

Regards,

Did.

• What version of the Artifactory extension do you have? This can be found on the Admin > Extensions page.

• The Artifactory version is 1.0.0

• I've been looking into this further, I cannot figure out where you download this extension because as far as I can tell, we have never released it. I know we went through a transition in our deployment process for these internally as of BuildMaster v6.0, but there is no indication of this extension available on the Inedo Den or on the public ProGet extension feed.

Did you build this extension yourself?

In the meantime I will have one of our engineers release this officially.

• There should be an official v1.0.0 version released with that exception fixed. Before attempting to install it, manually delete Artifactory.* from your Extensions path ({InstallDir}\Extensions) .

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation