Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

AD and TLS

• Hi

We have just bought a basic licence for ProGet and have installed it on a Windows Server 2012 R2 server, running ProGet in IIS.

All is working fine but two things:

1. Selecting "Software updates" or "Extensions" from "Administration Overview" gives us a problem: Error checking for updates: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The client and server cannot communicate, because they do not possess a common algorithm
      Accessing https://inedo.com from IE on the server is also a problem and we were only able to do so, when enabling TLS 1.0 (which is not recommended). I can also see from my local firefox that the connection to inedo is running TLS 1.0, so maybe the server/cert is not able to use newer versions of TLS like v1.2?

2. The server is a member of our AD and ProGet can find AD users. I have added my AD user to the "Administer" task and I am trying to switch to the AD and is prompted for the username and password, but then it says: User X does not have permission to perform the the Admin_ConfigureProGet task.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Best regards
    dba

Product: ProGet
    Version: 5.0.12

• inedo-engineer

Hello;

Inedo.com currently seems to only communicate over TLS1.0; I don't have a timeframe for when that will be upgraded, but I want to add that we don't have any secure or sensitive information on inedo.com anyways.

In the case of LDAP, it seems to me that there is some sort of issue with the LDAP code mapping your username. AD configuration can be very complicated I'm afraid, and it will involve a bit of back-and forth, with sharing potentially sensitive or company-identifying information.

When you search for a user in ProGet, you will see a log of the domains, etc., being searched. Ifyou can publish that to a ticket, then we can investigate further.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation