Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

LDAP Group Permissions not working

• Hi,

When I add a group to the the set of entities with a task permission, it seems to add it fine, but does not actually grant the permission to members of that group. This happens with nested and non-nested groups. Similarly, when I go to edit the LDAP settings (Change User Directory -> Advanced -> LDAP), the search boxes behave similarly. It can find the groups and it can find the users, but when I search for a user with a given group, it shows the user details and says that that user is not a part of the group. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Robert

Product: ProGet
    Version: 5.0.12

• We've narrowed down the issue. It seems that the service user that ProGet is running with cannot see all the members of the LDAP groups. This can be fixed by changing the user to one that can see all members of the LDAP groups through this process: https://inedo.com/support/kb/1077/configuring-your-inedo-product-to-run-as-a-windows-domain-account

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation