Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Local npm package not listed

• Hi,

I'm evaluating ProGet as an internal Nuget and npm feed, and have problems to understand how the search and display of packages actually works - as it delivers strange/wrong results.

For example I have an npm feed which is connected to the official one via connector.
    I have created a new npm package and added it to the feed.

If the npm cache is empty, the package is listed as the very first one, without the antenna symbol overlay making it obvious that this package is originating from within ProGet itself.
    Searching for parts of the package name, and even searching for the exact name! ProGet tells me there is no such package.

After I installed many other packages via npm commandline on a client machine, which lead to the cache of ProGet to fill up, this package is not listed at all any more and the search still returns no results!

Installing it via npm however works - so it is still there but the search cannot find it.
    When clearing the cache again, the package is again listed.

It would be nice, if local packages are always listed first, before any cached or uncached packages from a connector.
    It is mandatory, that the search delivers reliable results. If I cannot rely on the search, I have to know all the packages by heart or, in case of remote packages, have to search using the official feeds and install using the names and version given there.

Thanks and best regards,

Tobias

Product: ProGet
    Version: 5.0.11

• inedo-engineer

Hello Tobias,

PG-1270 will make local packages appear before remote packages in the list, as well as making connector packages appear in the same order that they would appear in the connector.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation