Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Listener for Approval Needed not sending emails

• I have an app setup for an approval and setup a listener to email the person. When the deployment reached the Stage that needs the approval I scheduled the deployment but no email was ever sent to the user.
    We send emails from the server all the time so it's not a setup issue for that.

The user did see the approval needed when connected to the BuildMaster server and looked at My Approvals so just the email aspect didn't work.

The deployment was scheduled for immediate deployment once the approval was received.

Product: BuildMaster
    Version: 5.8.3

• inedo-engineer

Hello Jon,

Is the Approval Required event listener filtered by pipeline stage?

Approval Required listens for Build Promotion Completed events, so the pipeline stage filter should have the name of the stage of the pipeline immediately before the approval gate, not the stage that is blocked by the approval gate.

• Ben,
    I didn't set it for any particular stage. Based on what you're saying though I think the issue was that didn't have the Listener in place when the app had completed the previous stage.
    I assumed the email would only go out when the Stage the approval was attached to was initiated for deployment but it sounds like it would do so when the previous stage completes, is that correct?

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation