Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

How I can stop BuildMaster Server Sandbox talk to all the production Agents.

• For the test perspective, create a BuildMaster Server Sandbox with the different name.
    Current Production Server: BuildPrd, Site: BuildMaster
    Sandbox Production Server: BuildSandbox, Site: BuildMaster

When I turn BuildMaster service on Sandbox, I see it's still talking with all the production BuildAgents/Server.

How I can stop Sandbox server stop communicating with the current production server/agents.

Product: BuildMaster
    Version: 5.7.0

• First and foremost, an InedoAgent will respond to any request with the proper AES encryption token (like a password), so if you don't want BuildMaster talking to a server/agent, then don't configure a valid connection to that agent.

Are you connecting your Standbox server to the same SQL SErver database? This is a big problem, don't do it...

** Never have two instances of buildMaster talk to the same database **

Are you restoring a database back up to sandbox? It's strongly not recommended, because of the problem you describe. The agents will be configured to talk to eachother.

Instead,, when setting up a sandbox, create a representative and testable version of your applications and processes. /you'll never be able to get a "perfect test" (since you can't talk to exact same servers), so at best you should test the broad functionality instead of the connectivity.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation