Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Otter loses permissions in active Directory after group move

• Hi all,
    Not sure what to do about this one, but after today's group move of the two Otter groups we have in AD from one OU to another (everything was working prior to this), no one can administer anything (not even administrators!) So now, about all i can do is log in, and I can see some environment stuff, but while I can view the administration section, I can't click on anything. Anything you could suggest so that we can get our permissions back? Thanks.

Product: Otter
    Version: 1.7.2

• If you've lost administrative privileges, you can reset things by running the Otter.Service.exe; it will provide an option that lets you reset the credentials of the built-in user. From there, you can re-configure AD

• What's the exact switch? Speaking of, are those documented in the KB or the rest of the documentation at all? could come in handy if so; I'll try it later on and report back, but thanks so much; I was really dreading an install once again.

• The documentation for AD and user directory reset is here: http://inedo.localhost/support/documentation/various/ldap/troubleshooting#locked-out

• I get the following when running the otter.service.exe resetadmin password command:
    PS C:\Program Files\Otter\service> .\otter.service.exe resetadminpassword
    Ensuring user directories exist...
    Unhandled exception: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): 515162UserDirectories_CreateOrUpdateDirectory3
    9Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserDirectory_Name', table 'Otter.dbo.UserDirectories'; column does not allo w nulls. UPDATE fails. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInA
    ction)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectio
    nLock, Boolean asyncClose)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, B
    ulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOption
    sString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean
    returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean
    describeParameterEncryptionRequest)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean re
    turnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asy ncWrite, Boolean inRetry) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean re turnStream, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at Inedo.Data.DatabaseContext.ExecuteInternal(String storedProcName, GenericDbParameter[] parameters) at Inedo.Data.DatabaseContext.ExecuteNonQuery(String storedProcName, GenericDbParameter[] parameters) at Inedo.Otter.Data.DB.Context.UserDirectories_CreateOrUpdateDirectory(String UserDirectory_Name, String UserDirector y_Configuration, Nullable1 UserDirectory_Id)
    at Inedo.Otter.Service.Program.resetadminpassword()
    ClientConnectionId:d40da329-011c-4fb1-8e27-7793a1d3ee98
    Error Number:50000,State:42,Class:16
    This sounds more like a database error than an Otter error, so is there anything I can do database side to fix this? I'll reinstal Otter if I have to, but then leaving the database behind won't fix the actual root of the issue if it lies with it.

• Thank you for reporting that, we had scheduled to do a maintenance release v1.7.3 today and were able to get a fix in for it - should be available before the end of the day.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation