Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Where did the security 'scope' go?

• Upgraded from 3.8.1 to 4.8.2.

Now in 'Tasks' I see 'Scope' set to 'n/a' on most of our assignments. We have the same groups granted permissions to multiple (but not all) feeds. How can I now see the details of these permissions?

Example of how it looks:

Task :: Scope :: Users & Groups
    Download & View ::  n/a ::  AllDevelopers, AllDevelopers, Vendors, LicenseRequired, LicenseRequired

Example of how I'm expecting it to look:

Task :: Scope :: Users & Groups
    Download & View ::  ApprovedNugets ::  AllDevelopers, Vendors, LicenseRequired
    Download & View ::  LicensedNugets ::  LicenseRequired

This is so that I can confirm that the settings are correct. The way the UI is now, I have no way to know if the settings are correct and which ones to remove if need be. Note, the security is correctly applied (those that should have access do, those that should not have access are correctly denied), it's that I cannot see the settings as I did before.

Product: ProGet
    Version: 4.8.2

• When you see a "n/a", it indicates that the Task cannot sensibly be scoped to a feed because it would create unexpected behaviors; for example, you can't scope "manage system properties" at feed level.

The v4 UI prevents scoping system-level tasks like this, but even if you didn't upgrade from v3 (which did allow it), it's certainly possible to work-around the UI. However it got there, if you go to Customize Tasks and then edit the task, you can see which attributes are preventing the feed-level scoping.

• I can understand what you are saying regarding 'system level' tasks. However, I'm not trying to scope a system level task.

In my original question you may note I'm trying to scope 'Download & View'. Which upon looking into the 'Cusomize Tasks' as you mention (thank you for pointing that out to me, very handy), the 'Download & View' has 'Download Feed' and 'View Feed' only. And both of those have the 'F' marker denoting that it can be scoped to a feed. Yet, my display shows 'n/a' still.

Am I doing something else wrong?

• Oh I see; in this case, you should be able to just re-save the custom task. That will set the "scopable" flag on the task, which will change the way it displays in the UI.

• Wonderful!

Worked just as you said it would. Thank you very much Alana.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation