Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

How to load .EXE/JARs into ProGet With Upack

• I am attempting to load build artifacts that are create with Bamboo. In this particular case, I am taking an setup.exe file and trying to upload it into ProGet. Here's what I did:

1. I create a simple upack.json file, which contained only the name and version of the file

2. I entered the upack command as follows:

upack C:\location_of_upack_json_file C:\my_setup.exe --targetDirectory=C:\mytargetDir\build_artifacts

Nothing worked. Here are some of the things that happened:

1. FileNotFound exception for the path of the setup.exe file
    2. Permission error exceptions (even when I executed up upack with admin privileges).

So my question is this. What is the exact syntax that I need to use upack to upload and download my build artifacts. The ProGet documentation is not exactly concise on this issue. Please advise.

Product: ProGet
    Version: 4.7.12

• inedo-engineer

Hello Charles,

upack pack expects a directory, not an individual file, so the command should be:

upack pack C:\location_of_upack_json_file C:\directory_containing_my_setup_exe --targetDirectory=C:\mytargetDir\build_artifacts

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation