Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Get git source chekout before fetch

• Hello,

I have spotted behavior, which I'm pretty sure wasn't there before. Consider 2 scenarios:

1. Build from newly created branch
      BM first "finds local branch" with the specified name. The branch isn't there yet locally (it was newly created, no fetch performed by BM). BM fails, stating the branch could not be found, but as a part of the step performs a fetch - next attempt is successful. Expected behavior is:
    • no need for running build step twice, BM should find newly created branches right away, like it used to be
    • BM first performs fetch, so that BM local repo is aware of the new branch, before it attempts checkout.
    1. Deleted branch (not sure if this is a changed behavior, just spotted it when analysing scenario 1)
      BM first "finds local branch" with the specified name. The branch is still there locally (no fetch performed by BM) and build step finishes successfully without notifying user that they are trying to build a deleted branch. This doesn't get fixed even after fetch, the branch still stays there locally. Expected behavior:
    • BM keeps track of central origin repo and doesn't keep deleted branch locally.
    • BM warns user that they are trying to build off-of non-existing branch.

Were these changes introduced to follow some new logic, or is it a bug?

Thank you,
    Milan

Product: BuildMaster
    Version: 5.6.8

• Sorry the smart editor numbered both of my scenarios with "1".

• inedo-engineer

This is a bug. I have fixed the behavior in inedox-git, along with a few edge cases where it would ignore certain parameters.

• Thank you Ben, for the info and for the fix. I suppose I will see it at our BM extensions page soon.

Milan

• The extension should be available now.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation