Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Build/Deploy Condition

• I'm wondering if it's possible to configure a Buildmaster plan to only build/deploy to an environment if a separate, external application has been built to that same environment as well -- i.e., one application build depends on another application build

Product: BuildMaster
    Version: 5.6.8

• inedo-engineer

What you're describing is called a pipeline gate in BuildMaster. For this specifically, I created PipelineStagePromotionRequirement, which can be compiled using the BuildMaster SDK.

• Additionally, I'm wondering if it's possible/built-in to Buildmaster 5 to support multiple concurrent release types for a single application.

For instance, say I have an application that needs to release database-related content and webcode-related content. It would be useful to have, within the same application, two release environment "paths" so the content can operation independently of one another (maybe database content is available in environments earlier than webcode).

Pushing the idea even further, it would be even nicer to impose the limits that I describe above, where webcode couldn't be pushed to, e.g. "Dev" unless its associated database component was already pushed to "Dev" as well.

• Well, so that's basicaly the idea of a deployable; you could have a web deployable and a database deployable. Of course, the same pipeline is used, but you use a for deployable xyz block to determine whether particular things execute.

You could use this, in combination with pipeline targeting, to accomplish this. They would still follow same linear pipeline path, but some stages would only deploy one or the other.

Otherwise, you can use multiple applications, and then the create- and deploy-package operations. Down the line, we will have multi-release projects that allow you to tie together multiple releases of multiple applications.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation