Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Ad-hoc Deployments to Environment

• Does BuildMaster support adhoc deployments to environments?

For our core environments we have a strict worklfow - dev, sit, uat, preprod, production, but we also have some other environments for a completely separate team who's system links to ours but have it installed in isolation to ours so not impacting on each other.

I would like to have their environments in our workflow but able to release to it at any time.

I had thought of creating additional workflows, for each adhoc environment but that means creating a new release for each additional workflow which doesn't really fit.

• hi Andrew,

We don't have this functionality built in, but it's been requested by a few different users. We're trying to come up with a mechanism to do this without having the chaos of "deploy anything, anywhere, at anytime".

One idea we have is something called a "Free Release" which would allow you to create an execution in any environment in the workflow at any time -- but that would never get deployed (i.e. its status would always be Active).

Feedback/suggestions always welcome.

Steve

• I would also find this feature useful!

• This feature was actually added in v4.0, just change the workflow properties to allow deployments to any environment.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation