Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Re-execute from the last failed action...no longer available?

• After installing the latest version of BuildMaster (5.2.1), if a build fails, I am no longer able to re-execute from the last failed action. Why this option is not available?, it was very usefull, I have a deployment plan for several deployables...the process can execute for at least 20 minutes...and if one action fails for some reason...I need to start the process from the 1st step again...Is there any way to execute from the last failed action?

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Product: BuildMaster
    Version: 5.2.1

• The "re-execute from last failed" not supported by the new execution engine (iOtterScript plans); we may add it in a future version pending feedback/etc from users... but it couldn't work the same way (i.e. allow limited editing of some un-executed action groups) because of the new paradigm.

The button should be available in the same circumstance as before; on some legacy executions that have failed.

• ouch that hurts...Could you indicate me where on the release notes says that this functionality will be no longer available?, because maybe was my mistake on the migration to the new version.

• How often do these operations fail? When ours do (typically only when creating the plan or an actual error occurs) we simply edit the plan and surround the already-run bits with an if false { } block (which is now exponentially simpler than editing all the action groups as required for legacy plans). If this happens often I could see this being cumbersome, so we will definitely re-evalulate how to better handle this.

• I'm migrating all our "workflows 4.9.7" to pipelines 5... then converting our legacy plans to the new plans...maybe in the future will not so often than now...but actually I have that situation almost every time, and sometimes the errors appears after 10 or 20 minutes of an execution...

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation