Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Windows Agent fail to upgrade

• Hello,

I'm not sure I've my Windows agents have ever updated with a manual upgrade, but they won't upgrade to v 5.11.
    I've tried it on 2 servers, both Windows 2012 R2. One in a AD Domain and one not in a Domain.
    When I try to force an upgrade, I get these errors in the event log:

Application: bmtcpagent.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException
       at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.BeginAcceptTcpClient(System.AsyncCallback, System.Object)
       at Inedo.BuildMaster.Windows.TcpAgentService.TcpAgentListener.AcceptConnection(System.IAsyncResult)
       at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
       at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr)
       at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(System.Object, IntPtr)
       at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32, UInt32, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped*)
       at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32, UInt32, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped*)

and 

Faulting application name: bmtcpagent.exe, version: 5.0.11.3, time stamp: 0x5761c744
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.3.9600.18264, time stamp: 0x56e1bd71
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000008a5c
    Faulting process id: 0x3058
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d1c7a5786d2665
    Faulting application path: C:\BuildMasterAgent\Agent\bmtcpagent.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 1097db0f-3399-11e6-80e4-00155dabbedb
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Product: BuildMaster
    Version: 5.0.11

• The agent could have had a failed update; so in this case, you should manually update the agent files (copy from a working agent), then start the service.

FYI - in 5.1, with the new agent model, this will be much less likely.

• Hi,

OK, thanks. Just to let you know, this was from version 5.10 to 5.11.

David

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation