Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Unable to add permissions

• Hello,

I've installed ProGet on a Windows 10 machine, using SQL Server Express 2014 on the backend. While I'm able to add new users and new groups, and even add users to groups, I'm unable to assign new permissions to any users.

For example, I created a publisher user and a publisher group, added the user to the group -- good so far. Then I tried to add 'Publish Packages' permission to the publisher group, and I get the following error and stack (I apologize for the formatting):

Server Error in '/' Application.

Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: String

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: String

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: String]
    System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) +14297048
    System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) +177
    Inedo.ProGet.WebApplication.Pages.Administration.Security.Privileges.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<CreateChildControls>b__6(Object s, EventArgs e) +1002
    Inedo.Web.Controls.ButtonLinks.PostBackButtonLink.OnClick(EventArgs e) +46
    Inedo.Web.Controls.ButtonLinks.PostBackButtonLink.Inedo.Web.Controls.ISimplePostControl.ProcessValidPost() +41
    Inedo.Web.PageFree.SimplePageBase.ProcessPost(IEnumerable1 controls) +151 Inedo.Web.PageFree.SimplePageBase.ProcessPost(IEnumerable1 controls) +212
    Inedo.Web.PageFree.SimplePageBase.ProcessPostBack() +209
    Inedo.Web.PageFree.SimplePageBase.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +199
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +859
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +98

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.6.1073.0

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

John

Product: ProGet
    Version: 4.0.13

• Sorry not an answer, but I am facing the same issue. Any updates would be nice.

• This is a bug with the free version; you can work-around it by adding rows directly in the database, but we will fix it soon with a maintenance release.

• Thanks Alana. Could you guide me to-what table should I be making what changes?

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation