Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Getting Null Reference Exception when Running MSTests on the build

• Dear Team,

We have few steps to build and deploy the code on to the build server. And the last action group in the workflow is - 'Package and Run Tests'

It has 5 steps within it, in which the step - 'Execute MSTest Tests' fails. It runs till it is executing the test and fails the test.

Error Message:
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    TestCleanup method Tests.Cleanup threw exception. System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object..

The above message occurs in the Log Details of the test.

The test runs normally on the local machine but throws this exception on the build server.

Could you please tell me if I am missing any settings?

Thank you so much.

• This appears to be a problem with the tests themselves. I would take a look at the Cleanup method and see what objects could possibly be null.

This post (http://stackoverflow.com/a/10751484/44765) shows the some of the differences with running in the command line MsTest vs. Visual Studio.

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation