Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

Creating a v6 application to monitor Azure DevOps repository and perform a simple build; can anyone help or offer suggestions?

• Sorry for asking such a basic question, but can anyone provide guidance/steps for creating a BuildMaster V6 application to monitor a source control repository and download/copy all the files from the latest version of the source when there is a checkin?

I have looked at any tutorials that I can find, as well as reading the current documentation; but I seem to be getting lost somewhere (or I'm making it more complicated than it needs to be).

I created this type of application in an older version of BuildMaster (possibly as old as v4), monitoring an on-site TFS server (using the Legacy TFS Extension, I think); and this is still running in v5 of BuildMaster.

We are working on moving our source control to Azure DevOps. I have now installed BuildMaster v6.2.5 (on a different server), which has the ability to monitor an Azure DevOps repository (see this item https://forums.inedo.com/topic/2876/has-anyone-created-a-buildmaster-repository-monitor-for-azure-tfvc), and I would like to create a simple BuildMaster application that is triggered by a checkin to a specific Azure DevOps repository and then does a "build" (download any changes in the repository to a local folder), and sends an email at the end of the process. I don't need a Visual Studio style "build/compile" step, and I don't need integration or testing or any of the other steps.

I would appreciate any suggestions or help, or links to any articles or specific documentation.

• inedo-engineer

Not a basic question, we're always working to make BuildMaster as easy to use as possible, so getting feedback on how to improve our docs and tutorials will be great :)

If you haven't seen it already, we've recently updated our Azure DevOps Integration Documentation; there's a lot of content there, and we hope to continue to make it easier and include tutorials at some point.

Basically though, I recommend you start with Create New Application > Azure DevOps CI/CD. That will create an application with the Azure DevOps CI/CD Template, and you can see how a "full CI/CD" would work. It should just build "out of the box", and use our publicly-available AzureDevOps repository.

What your'e describing, it seems like just a small portion of that. Once you've got the manual process working, it's just a matter of creating a Git repository monitor. you can configure that to monitor the branches in your AzureDevOps repository.

https://docs.inedo.com/docs/buildmaster/ci-cd/continuous-integration/build-triggers/repository-monitors

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation