Welcome to the Inedo Forums! Check out the Forums Guide for help getting started.

If you are experiencing any issues with the forum software, please visit the Contact Form on our website and let us know!

[Question - ProGet] Are versions amount wrong ?

• Hello,

I suspect another bug in ProGet, but it could perfectlt be my misunderstanding...

This screenshot show 5 "Total versions" into 1 package of the registry.

alt text

However, my image only has one version: latest.

alt text

But after seeking a bit, I noticed that my image has 5 layers... So are the "versions" related to "layers" ? It's the only obvious way I understand.

• inedo-engineer

You're right, I guess that's showing the "layers" instead of the "tags"; I think it should be showing container registries separately (they're not really feeds), but that's how it's represented behind the scenes now.

Anyways we are working on ProGet 5.3 now; there's a whole bunch of container improvements coming, so I've noted this on our internal project document, to make sure we get a better display for container registries.

• @atripp Really nice to hear 😄 !!

• inedo-engineer

Another 5.3 screenshot!

When you enable "strict" (SemVer2) versioning, you'll see how "virtual" get added -- they get automatically generated when you add/remove tags. The feed also restricts adding anything but semver2 tags.

cc835818-45d1-4e17-8d6d-93f0c6c8faa6-image.png

Inedo Website HomeSupport HomeCode of ConductForums GuideDocumentation